Review Apple iPod Touch 32 GB
Apple iPod touch 32 GB, multi-touch, itunes store, iphone
* Size/Shape: The new Apple iPod touch 32 GB model is thinner and more skinny, but slightly taller. What this translates to in real-world usage is that the ipod is slightly less bulky in your pocket once you put a case on it, but that it’s a tiny bit harder to grip without a case, if you have big hands. Of course, since Apple continues to put that scratch-magnet shiny back on the iPod touch (PLEASE, Give us brushed aluminium or something!) you will probably need a case, so the thin one is a good thing.
* Microphone: No, you don’t get the headphones with the in-line microphone anymore, but you do get a microphone built into the iPod touch. While most people focus on the Face Time, Skype, or other social uses for a microphone and lament the loss of one on the headphones, I don’t care about VOIP, I find the built-in microphone a lot better for my purposes. I use it for voice instruction in the iPod (“Play artist ”The Stones”) and for dictation (Dragon’s free app is fantastic) and voice memos. It also functions well for video recording. I don’t miss the earbud inline microphone at all.
* Video Recording/Photos: While the iPod touch won’t substitute a top-line video camera, and most definitely won’t replace a good digital camera, it works as a “I happen to have it in my pocket” substitute on both counts. I don’t take a lot of photos, so the lower resolution on the camera doesn’t bother me. The video, however, is quite nice, and replaces my Flip Mino HD without a hitch. Just remember to keep some storage space if you intend to record videos.
* Retina Display on the Apple iPod Touch 32 GB is just magic, You have to see it to understand why it’s a big deal. You don’t notice it as much in the main screen, but when you get into text displays you really see the difference. Everything is crisp, there’s almost no pixelization and nothing is “fuzzy”. Games that support it look gorgeous. It really is worth it if you intend to use the iPod touch to do any reading, web browsing, or gaming.
* iOS 4: I love the OS changes they made since I owned a 3rd generation iPod touch. The ability to group apps into folders/groups is about the best thing they did since the iPod touch debuted. The ability to do multitasking is very handy, too. The Gmail integration is much better on the Apple iPod Touch 32 GB now that it supports IMAP, and the contacts are much more friendly to Windows users since they started providing decent support for Google Contacts. WiFi signals are much stronger, and the battery life is excellent. All in All, the little changes are great .
* Video Playback: Now that they’ve increased the screen resolution to 960×640, videos are not as limited. This means that if you have a collection of 720p m4v/mp4 videos already, they’ll work with the iPod touch. no need to downscale them to make them work. This also means that if you choose to output to a HDTV screen, you’ll get your full 720p video in all its glory. This is a great feature for media buds like me. If only Apple made a 1TB iPod touch..!
While the buttons are no longer metal on the Apple iPod Touch 32 GB (they’re now plastic or polycarbonate), they are much better-designed in terms of placement. The volume toggle has been turned into two separate buttons for up and down, and they work quite well when you’re not looking at the iPod (like when it’s in your pocket). The standby/power button is smaller and to the right of the top of the iPod, and it, too is easy to find and use when the device is out of view. Response from the buttons is nice, with a good click feedback. They seem sturdy and yet they’re small enough not be pressed by mistake.
* Speaker: They went from using the whole back panel as a speaker board to putting in a little speaker in the device at the bottom. This has the effect of making things sound a lot better.
Happy to report that the improvements made from 3rd to 4th generation, where worth it at the moment the Apple iPod touch 32 GB is on discount, get one and have some fun.
To get a good price on Apple iPod Touch 32 GB visit the link below